The Sales Achiever Sales Aptitude Assessment
The Sales Achiever is a sales assessment that measures six mental aptitudes and ten personality dimensions as they relate to sales abilities. It is a sales assessment that measures both innate sales skills and behaviors plus cognitive abilities.
The Sales Achiever is utilized in pre employment testing, sales recruiting and sales applicant selection and in the training process to develop and improve sales abilities and effectiveness, increased sales productivity and job satisfaction. This is one sales assessment that makes it much easier to hire good sales people and it does it with a high degree of accuracy.
The six mental aptitudes measured by the Sales Achiever are:
- Mental Acuity - learning comprehension, judgment, reasoning and problem-solving ability
- Business Terms - knowledge of basic business terms
- Memory Recall - knowledge of current events as they relate to sales skills and abilities
- Vocabulary - general English vocabulary skills
- Numerical Perception - ability to handle numerically related tasks quickly and accurately
- Mechanical Interest - measures interest in the mechanical area
Most sales assessment programs or personality assessments do not measure mental aptitudes. The Sales Achiever is used extensively for sales aptitude assessment in order to hire better sales people and for customer service testing applications where problem solving and critical thinking skills are important. It is a cut above most sales hiring tests.
The ten personality dimensions measured by the Sales Achiever assessment are:
- Energy - energy, drive, tension and stress levels
- Flexibility - integrity, reliability, dependability and work ethics
- Organization - personal orientation to plan and utilize time wisely
- Communication - innate ability to meet and interact with people, an essential part of good salesmanship skills
- Emotional Development - ego, self-esteem, self-confidence and ability to handle pressure
- Assertiveness - strength and determination to get one's way and close the sale
- Competitiveness - team orientation versus individualistic competitiveness
- Mental Toughness - psychological stamina to deal with life and job problems
- Questioning/Probing - instinct to question and probe rather than accepting things at face value
- Motivation - security-motivated or recognition, incentive and commission oriented (a very important sales aptitude)
The Sales Achiever sales skill assessment contains two validity scales to assess the accuracy of the Sales Achiever report:
Distortion - measures the frankness of the respondent as related to the statistical validity of the personality test section.
Equivocation - consistent decision-making of the respondent as it relates to the accuracy of the personality test section.
The Sales Achiever takes about 50-60 minutes to complete.
The Sales Achiever report is comprised of the following:
- The narrative segment, which explains each sales aptitude and personality dimension that is being assessed in the report and
how the individual has scored in each, compared to the more productive sales people in that job.
- A pictorial analysis comparing the individual's actual scores to the desirable sales traits and benchmarks for the job. These sales abilities or benchmarks may be derived for an individual company based on their own successful sales people in that job or the sales applicants can be assessed against an industrial data base of people who are successful in those sales jobs.
- The Sales Analysis section is a sales assessment report which identifies the person's strongest sales skills and areas where the person could benefit from further sales
training and development, based on the following five elements of selling ability:
- Building rapport
- Identifying a need or desire
- Presenting the product/service to fill prospect's needs
- Dealing with objections
- Closing the sale
- A Personal Development Plan is compiled as a result of the overall assessment of the individual compared to the sales aptitudes and sales skills required to successfully perform the job. The plan also identifies those actions that the individual can take on a daily basis to become stronger in their respective position.
- Behavioral interview questions are provided that can be asked in a secondary interview. The questions are created as a result of the comparison of the individual to the requirements of the job. In addition, responses are given that the interviewer might look for from the person in relationship to the person's "match" to the job.
By using the Sales Achiever, the interviewer can zero in on areas such as customer service skills, management skills, emotional intelligence, and leadership skills. It is the first step in developing a good sales force. When you start using the Sales Achiever, recruiting good sales people will accomplished with much greater accuracy.
If you are looking for an assessment for sales aptitude testing that goes above and beyond most sales personality tests, you should consider the Sales Achiever. The personality assessment section combined with the mental aptitudes gives a complete picture of the applicant's sales abilities. This sales assessment can also be used to measure the potential of your existing sales force and as a training needs assessment to help improve their performance and productivity.
Use of the Sales Achiever pre employment assessment for sales personality testing falls within the realm of pre employment testing and it is not classified as a psychological assessment.
When finished, hit your browser's back button to return to this page.
Return to Top